Words and Terminology
- A text message that is displayed on the second screen that can be used as a nursery call or to communicate a message to those in the congregation/audience. See Show Alert for more information.
- An image that becomes a backdrop of a slide onto which various text objects (Song lyrics, Scripture, or text) can be placed. Background images that are saved in the LiveWorship library file can be viewed by selecting "Backgrounds" in the Media Panel. In version 1.2+, video files can also be used as a background for slides with text. In version 1.3+, DVD cues or external video feeds can be added as the background to a slide in the Slide Edit Panel. See Adding Backgrounds for more information.
- A selection in the Media Panel that shows the contents of a folder from the computer's hard drive or other connected storage devices. After selecting Browse, supported files will be visible in the Library Panel as thumbnail images. To import these files into LiveWorship, drag and drop the thumbnail into the Presentation Panel. To view a different directory/folder, click on the highlighted Browse title in the Media Panel and navigate to the desired folder.
- Located in the lower left of the LiveWorship window between the Media Panel and the Library Panel, the Categories Panel allows you to the create and assign user-defined keywords to help organize media objects in the library. See Category and Library Panels for more information.
- When you create a song or text object (Slide Text or Group Text) or right-click on a slide and choose "Editor Window", this window will open. This editor is used is used for editing the contents and how songs and text objects are divided into different slides. The Editor Window can also be used to convert between the song and text objects formats. See Text Objects for more information about using the Editor Window.
- As opposed to "Slide Text", Group Text is typed information that can be spanned over several slides (similar to song lyrics/verses) but be saved as one group. See Text Objects for more information about how Slide Text and Group Text can be used in presentations.
- Located in the lower center of the LiveWorship window, the Library Panel will display the contents of the selected Media Library item. See Library Panel for more information.
- Located in the lower left corner of the LiveWorship window, the Media Panel is used to view the various media objects (backgrounds, saved presentations, Scriptures, song lyrics, text, audio, video) used by LiveWorship. See Media Panel for more information.
There are various settings that can be changed to adapt how the LiveWorship program functions. To open the Preferences, pull the (Windows: Edit menu, Macintosh: LiveWorship menu) to Preferences or use the shortcut key (Windows: Ctrl+, (comma key), Macintosh: Cmd+, (comma key)). See Preferences for more information about the various options and settings.
- A presentation is a group of slides that can be displayed on an external monitor or projected onto a screen. A presentation contains groups and groups contain slides. See Basics for more information.
- Located in the upper center of the LiveWorship window, the Presentation Panel is where slide thumbnails, which make up a presentation, are displayed. The Presentation Panel is where slides thumbnails are selected to either be edited or displayed on Screen 2. You can construct slides by dragging and dropping media objects into the Presentation Panel. See Basics and Presentation Panel for more information.
- Located in the upper right of the LiveWorship window, the Preview Panel shows a preview of either the slide selected to be edited or in Presentation Mode (Screen 2 tab selected) the slide being displayed and the next slide to be displayed can be viewed. You can also preview video clips that have been added to slides as backgrounds using the Play and Stop in this panel. See Preview Panel for more information.
- An object designed for display on the second screen. Slides can have background images, text, song lyrics, scripture, audio or video.
Slide Edit Panel
- Located in the lower right of the LiveWorship window, the Slide Edit Panel is used to change the attributes and layout of the slide selected to be edited. See Slide Edit Panel for more information.
- A collection of slides that have been combined together with one title that are a part of a presentation. Group names are displayed in the Slide Group Panel. See Slide Group Panel for more information about how Slide Groups work.
Slide Group Panel
- Located in the upper left of the LiveWorship window, the Slide Group Panel displays the titles of slide groups that are a part of the open presentation. See Slide Group Panel for more information about how Slide Groups work.
- Create a group of images with a common slide delay with the Create Slide Show function. See Adding a Slide Show for more information.
- As opposed to "Group Text", Slide Text is typed information on one slide and saved as an individual object in the library. See Text Objects for more information about how Slide Text and Group Text can be used in presentations.
- Located at the top of the window, these buttons give you control over some basic functions in LiveWorship. See Toolbar for more information and descriptions of each button and their use.
Help Center Contents